The digital age has brought about a revolution in the way we do business. Regardless of the industry, new software and technology solutions have helped to improve productivity, efficiency and resource management.
The hospitality sector has also seen major changes, with digitalization taking over from traditional methods in every aspect of work. If you want to grow your hotel business in today’s tech-powered world, you need to keep pace with the latest developments in hospitality software!
Here are six technology trends that have been making waves in the hotel industry:-
1. Digitalizing the Guest Experience – Hotels depend on their guests to keep them running, so improving the guest experience is always a priority. With the right data and software, you can predict and analyze what your guests need. Smart technologies such as keyless entry, personalized push notifications and virtual room tours also increase convenience and comfort.
2. AI-Based Revenue Management – Automating revenue management for the hospitality industry with AI-based software helps to boost profits through strategic pricing. These sophisticated systems use historical and current data to predict demand and suggest the best rates for hotel rooms. They also help you avoid over- or under-staffing, track market data, and more.
3. Online Reputation Management – Other than prices, travellers look for ratings and reviews online before booking a hotel. You need smart technology that allows you to track, collect and manage guest feedback from multiple channels in one place. Along with giving you insight into your hotel’s performance and reputation, it also helps you resolve queries and issues quickly.
4. Efficient & Predictive Data Analytics – Everything is driven by data today, from revenue management software to smart energy-saving systems. The right software and tools can help you gather, measure and analyze data more effectively. With advances in machine learning and AI, you can even get accurate predictions that help you maintain an edge over your competitors.
5. User-Friendly Direct Bookings – Direct bookings without commission costs are an area of priority for hotels. Building a user-friendly website or app is the first step, but you need a strong online presence to drive more traffic to your booking engine. Invest in technology that delivers mobile access, remote check-in and check-out, push notifications for upselling, etc.
6. Automated Chat/Email Support – Among the various processes being powered by AI today, chatbots and automated customer support stand out. These take over the task of interacting with guests and potential customers and can respond to specific queries and issues the way a real person would. This technology is a great way to provide real-time feedback support without labour costs.
Innovative software solutions that automate things such as revenue management for the hospitality industry are more than just a passing trend. They’re bringing in more business for hotels that use them, along with reducing costs and optimizing the workload. If you haven’t tried them yet, now is the time to do it!
About The Author Bio:
Karan Iyer is an end-to-end digital marketer and blogger at Aiosell who inherently understands the hotel industry with his hospitality background. Karan knows how to convert the pain points and challenges of the hotel industry into business opportunities, and that's what he writes about for his readers. He also shares industry trends, insights and news to help his readers stay up-to-date.
Begin typing your search above and press return to search. Press Esc to cancel.
[contact-form-7 id="7374" title="subscribe"]