Giving a modern twist to the traditional flavors of the festival, Del Monte brings three recipes that you can enjoy with your loved ones.
Cranberry Lemon Yogurt Popsicles
These healthy cranberry lemon yogurt popsicles are creamy, sweet and lemony. They have the goodness of yogurt and cranberries are a colourful treat no-one can refuse! It’s a perfect blend of flavors for kids and adults, this Holi festival.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Makes 8 popsicles
For the cranberry layer:
· Cranberry: 130 gms
· Sugar: 1/4 cup
· Water: 1 cup
For the yogurt layer:
· Yogurt: 1 1/2 cups
· Honey: 1/4 cup
· Zest of 1 lemon
1. In a pan, add Del Monte Cranberries, sugar and water. Bring it to a boil, and then simmer for 10-15 minutes till the mixture thickens up and cranberries become soft. Set aside to cool.
1. In the meanwhile, whisk together yogurt, honey and lemon till smooth and creamy.
2. To assemble the popsicles, add 2-3 tablespoons yogurt mixture to the popsicle mould, top with 2 tablespoons cranberry mixture and then fill it up with yogurt mixture. Repeat for the remaining moulds.
3. Freeze for 8 hours. Serve frozen.
Del Monte Peach Kalakand
Preparation Time: 45 minutes, plus refrigeration
· 1cup, Del Monte Peach Halves, chopped
· 200 gms, Khoya/ Mawa
· 2 litres plus 2 cups, Milk
· 2 tablespoons, Vinegar
· ¼ cup Sugar, you may increase or decrease as per need
· A pinch of saffron
· A drop of Rose Essence
· 1 teaspoon Cardamom Powder
· ¼ cup, syrup from the Peach can
· Few saffron strands and slivered pistachios for garnish
1. In a pan, add peaches, 1/4 cup of sugar, syrup, saffron, mix and cook for 10-15 minutes. Add rose essence and mix. It should reach thick chunky jam consistency.
2. In a heavy bottom pan, heat milk on a medium flame. Stir occasionally to avoid burning. Once milk starts boiling, reduce the heat to low. Gradually add vinegar and stir, milk will start curdling. Once milk is curdled, take it off the stove and immediately add ice cubes. Leave it for 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Line the strainer with muslin or cheese cloth. Strain the curdled milk and squeeze the cloth to drain excess water. Wash it under cold running water to remove the traces of vinegar. This is called chenna.
4. Mix khoya, chenna, 2 cups of milk and place it in heavy bottom pan, heat the khoya mixture on low flame. Stir continuously to avoid burning.
5. Add sugar (as per preference) if needed, and cook on low flame stirring continuously till mixture starts leaving the sides of the pan and forms a dough. Take it off the stove, add peach mixture, cardamom powder, place in greased plate or tray, cool and refrigerate. Cut them in squares or diamond shape and garnish with saffron strands, slivered pistachio
Begin typing your search above and press return to search. Press Esc to cancel.
[contact-form-7 id="7374" title="subscribe"]